As of Today, So Far



So far I've been passing my exams for my M.I.S. class. Medical Terminology is a breeze. When I go to the computer to do my typing test I go to the internet instead. I'm a blog hound and love to write. There's a challenging place where you can brush up on your typing skills. It's called learn2type.com. Hopefully I can boost my typing speed up before I leave the class. So far I'm at 52 gw.p.m. to the 60 gw.p.m., I need to have before I leave the class. I have to discipline myself more about priority stuff.
I've always been fascinated by the Shroud of Turin and have been trying to find some good photos. For some of you who don't know what it is, it's believed to be the burial shroud of Jesus Christ and according to scientists some heat source had imprint the image on the cloth. Possibly the divine power of the Almighty God to raise Jesus from the dead. Is this what Jesus looks like? It's just one of the greatest mysteries to exist. In other words He does exist. The Gospels and the Book of Acts tell of His Resurrection. Amazing!
I've been doing alot of the cooking lately at home. The reason is my mom is disabled, and I live with her, and take care of her do lot of the errands and chores around the house. She is diabetic and has rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. (Fiddle playing). I've taken an interest to healthy cooking, organic foods, collecting unusual recipes and gadgets. My favorite kitchen tools are a good stainless steel fry pan, deep sided all-purpose baking pan, a good cutting knife and microbe-free cutting board, microplane or hand grater, magic bullet, measuring cups and a spatula. I've been working on what is the best in weight loss. I found a secret to this by 5 simple steps:
1) get calcium (along with Vitamin D and magnesium is good)-best list: Collard greens, kale, butternut squash, calcium fortified soymilk, orange juice, white beans and dried figs.
2) use smaller plates (time to downsize those supersized meals)
3) get the mineral-Chromium (natural source in calf's liver, yuck! and wheat germ-good in fruit smoothies, see #5)
4) get out and play more-Exercise! (at least 20 minutes outdoors everyday. Sunshine is good for you as a source of Vitamin D, see #1. Remember to use sunscreen.)
5) Add more fruit (lift weight some bananas, citrus, apples and berries)
On a lighter note, have you heard of ugly dolls? Are they from another planet? Take a look here. They're rather cute in an odd sort of way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in the Boonies so Far

Raw Footage of Japanese Earthquake Tsunami 03-11-11